“In the midst of movement and chaos, keep the stillness inside of you.” – Deepak Chopra
PMCST’s Ready for Anything: Emergency Awareness for Kids
Join us for 90 minutes of exciting experiential activities, a lot of fun, and a ton of information to get your kids comfortable with and prepared for a multitude of emergency situations.
PMCST’s Founding Director and Lead Instructor Amanda is a mother-of-three, Emergency Medical Technician, EMS Educator, and former 911 Dispatcher. Amanda created this kid-friendly and age appropriate course in 2018 out of necessity because there is nothing comparable for children in Southeastern PA, and it’s important to #TrainTheLittles.
See below for a quick outline of our program! Participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the class.
Age Range: 8-11 years old
$20/participant, with $5 off each sibling
Contact Amanda at (215)430-3878 or Amanda@PreciousMinutesTraining.com
Part 1: Introduction
– Warm-up Activity
– Panic vs. Calm Activity
– Instructor AMA
Part 2: Safety Basics
– Scene Safety
– Calling 911 (from a Former Dispatcher)
– Universal Precautions & Hand Hygiene
Part 3: First Aid Awareness Topics (What is it and what do we do)
– Including; Choking Relief, Bone/Joint/Muscle Injuries, Bleeding, Dehydration, Poisoning, etc.
Part 4: Disaster Preparation
– Fire Safety
– Regional Specific Natural Disasters (blackouts, floods, severe winter weather, etc.)
Part 5: Q&A/Conclusion
– Summary/Q&A/Retention Activities
– Closing/Knowledge is Empowerment Activity
2021 UPCOMING PUBLIC CLASSES:
Updated: December 23rd, 2020
*Parents MUST register and pay in advance to save their child(ren)s spot*